Saturday, January 30, 2010

Begging for love...

I stood there, in the main room, observing everything, children running around in their pajamas, some sitting at the table eating, while others greeted us at the door. After being there for a few short minutes, one child walked straight up to me, put her arms around my legs and wanted me to pick her up. How could I resist? Her smile made me breathless and my heart beat faster at the sound of her laugh. When she finally let go, others replaced her as I sat down, their arms entwined around my neck, begging for love, anyone’s love. Their small faces surrounded me; I was almost sure that they could hear my heart breaking. Why does love have to hurt so much? Why is there so much pain? I know that God has given me this dream and passion for a reason, but I’m realizing more and more, it’s going to hurt. There will be sacrifice and the sacrifice is my heart…

3 comments:

  1. I understand Sheila! That's so amazing that you get to visit a children's home there. I'm still hoping for an opportunity to be able to do that here. It would be incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've visited two so far. it's heartbreaking, but so worth it! visit as many as you can! how's china???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love China so far! Very busy, but I love the people here and it's such a beautiful city! Do you have my blog address?

    ReplyDelete