Thursday, January 21, 2010

El Autobus

Best parts of my day:
1. finding out I didn’t have to teach today! Yay!
2. discovering the fact that we don’t have school tomorrow!
3. Thinking about going to the market on Saturday with Sarah (another student teacher).

These are some of my most exciting moments of the day, though I must say that there is one more which I most proud of. =) Today, (drum roll) I rode the bus by myself FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER! I have never ridden the bus myself, even in the U.S. I have ridden in many taxis in Mexico D.F. and had many good memories riding the bus with Erendira, but never a bus by myself. I thought for sure I would get lost or miss my stop, but God definitely protected me and I made it back home safely and quickly. Of course, after my bus ride, I decided that I had earned a nice long nap. My nap was cut short when everyone came home and well…yeah. Let just say that my room was the main passage way. =P

Another surprise that awaited me: when I came home, I was starving. Looked in the kitchen and found a large pot of chicken soup…containing chicken claws (or so I assume).

January 21, 2010

3 comments:

  1. and by the way, if you ever ride a bus, hope that the guy standing over you put on deoderant that day...or else you will have an experience similar to mine...just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Riding the bus is an adventure for sure! One morning it was a heated bus and all the windows were fogged over. You could smell the soaps and deo. and the over powering colon that the passengers had made use of as they prepared for their day at work.

    It is good to know several landmarks that you will pass before you get to your stop. Also I always talk to an older lady or a young senorita y ask: "Donde vas a bajar?" If you regularly catch the same bus you will memorize your route by the regular riders and where they get off.

    Wish I were there! melisa

    Another

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know my bus route to and from the school from Pastor Pelayo's house, but i have been staying different places and now i have no clue how to get there, so victor has been taking me again. hopefully I will be moving back again soon, we shall see, we shall see. i'm lovin it here and hear only great things about you from victor! Totally wish you could come down here and enjoy everything with me!

    ReplyDelete