Thursday, January 21, 2010

A first of many things...

Firsts of the week:
-first time ever teaching about Jephthah
-first time spending 3 lessons on the same story
-first time teaching to 5th graders
-first time riding the bus in Guadalajara!
Jephthah- first time I have ever taught about Jephthah…and the first time I taught in front of my class. My teacher is incredibly encouraging. I’m so blessed to have such an amazing teacher. She is out of this world amazing. Anyway, my first time teaching about Jephthah was actually yesterday (Monday!). Today is Tuesday and once again, I taught about Jephthah…guess what I’ll teach tomorrow!?!?! You guessed it! Jephthah! =) yeah…I’m praying about that one…Today I had my students draw and make a paper about how Christ sees them-more than conquerors! Romans 8, gotta love it! (of course, doing romans and identity definitely makes me miss my girls! Olivia, Rachel, Katie, michelle, I miss you guys) I miss being able to really spill my heart out to my girls. ANYWAY, it was a little difficult doing this with my 5th graders just because it was the end of the day and they were tired and they are all at different levels. So, to say the least, it was interesting…My teacher was extremely encouraging though and talked through it with me and gave me tips and encouragement.

Today I finally got to ride the bus here! Yay! Though, I must say that I’m sure it increases balance. I thought I was pretty good at balancing, but apparently, riding the bus requires special talent and is not for the weak of heart…it was good though. Fun. Cant wait to try again tomorrow.

And yes, we did have another “adventure” today, but not too dramatic. We got to the gas station, and of course, the car wouldn’t start! …then we realized it was in neutral. =P but even when we put it in park, we still had a hard time starting it. We were just hoping to get home without stalling.

Many of you have received emails asking for prayer for Victor and getting the orphanage started. There is an amazing opportunity for the orphanage, but 5000 dollars is needed…like NOW. Pray that if God wants this to happen, it would! I know that He is in control and have confidence that He will do what is best for his children and for those He loves. He will work something out.
January 19, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment