Saturday, January 2, 2010

A new year, a new season, a new location, a new experience

The countdown has begun and we are only 4 days away from our new destination: Guadalajara. Everything is packed up and ready to go. For those of you who do not know, not only do I have the amazing opportunity to teach in a school there in Mexico, but I get to fulfill my lifelong dream of helping with an orphanage. I look forward to meeting every child and having their faces etched in my memory for the rest of my life. I long to see their joy and excitement, but also their difficult circumstances and hardships. I long to see how their life differs from mine. I want to learn to be thankful for the incredible blessings my Father has bestowed on me. I cannot wait to learn from these children and those who have a heart for them. Well, only a few more days and the adventure begins. A few more days and I'll be there...

Adios y Dios te bendiga, mis amigos

No comments:

Post a Comment