Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Prayer for a Brother

There were some things that went on at church that I did not understand. There was some talk about a man being in the hospital and about him being very sick…It was very difficult for me to understand though. Today, when Victor picked me up though, I found out that this man who was sick and dying was one of Victor and his brother’s very close friends. Please pray for this man who is dying and has a wife and 2 kids that he will probably be leaving behind. This was all very sudden and many people will be affected. I was told that he is a very godly man, who went to the US to study to be a missionary. Pray that God’s will and purpose would be shown and that all of those affected would feel the comfort of our heavenly Father. Pray for the family and also the church family as they are dealing with very much right now. Pastor Palayo, another pastor, and Victor will be leaving very early tomorrow so they can talk to the man. Please pray that God would use this to bring others to Himself and change lives, that his death may not seem fruitless.

And for the new adventure…the car that Victor, Pastor Palayo, and Pastor Cesar are supposed to take isn’t working. The only other option was to take Victor’s car which doesn’t have gas in it and whose driver didn’t have his wallet. So, on we went again with my card and ID in hand, off to the gas station. Little did we know that it was time for a new adventure. We got to the gas station, filled up the car…and you’ll never believe what happened next. Once again, my card did not work. I used up all of my Mexico cellphone minutes AND Victor’s minutes trying to call the bank and my parents. After no solution, we walked to another gas station that had an ATM. This time though, my card DID work. I have been here only 5 days and have already had 2 quite interesting adventures. Oh I wonder, what will tomorrow hold?

January 12, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment