Monday, January 18, 2010

I Have a Dream…

For years, I have dreamed of starting or helping with an orphanage. I’m determined if I can’t have an orphanage of my own, I want to adopt children from all different nations. I look forward to the day when God uses my dreams and passions for His glory. Let’s change the world!!!

Today was a start. 8:45 this morning I was off to Chapala to see the church there and the city of Chapala where Victor wants to start the orphanage (the primary reason I wanted to come to Guadalajara). I had the opportunity to see the beauty of God’s creation in such a powerful way! The beauty of the lake and the mountains just overflows with God’s glory. Though God’s power and glory were evident, it was also evident that the earth has been tarnished, tainted, and corrupted by sin. I saw a rich view and such poor people. There were children playing the streets, people with unsanitary living conditions, zero electricity, and people fighting for another day on the streets. Just on the other side of a wall, there were the homes of all the rich people, people who came to Chapala to retire and live in luxury, ignoring what was going on on the other side of that wall. I thought to myself, “How can you live on this side when you know just a mile away are people who are trying to survive, children who are growing up without parents, clothes, and education? Don’t you feel it??? Can you feel how desperate they are? How much they need the love of a loving Savior?” I was told that many of the Americans will help with the orphanage if it is in the better part of the city, but if it is on the mountain where the poor people are, the Americans will not set foot there. SEROIUSLY?! When did we close our eyes so long to ignore the needs of other human beings?

After seeing both parts of Chapala, Victor had a great surprise in store for me! We had the amazing opportunity to go to a Christian orphanage that has already been established. This orphanage for boys is to teach them about God, responsibility, and how to live on their own. It was amazing. I was so impressed at how obedient they all were and how gracious they were. They thanked US for coming there, when it should be the opposite. If ever there was a time I wanted to scoop up a child in my arms, it was then. This reminds me to shower my love on those around me. Never let a day go by without expressing your love and passion… Ready? Lista? Let’s go!

January 18, 2010

2 comments:

  1. What a blessing to read! I'm so glad to here about all the amazing things God is teaching you and the places He is taking you. You go KeKe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are three orphanages in Chapala. Six that I know of personally in Guadalajara, one in El Salto....as you know all the kids are not orphans...that is why they call it casa/hogar. It is like a foster home.

    Sheila to adopt in Mexico you have to have live in Mexico and if you are an American they will not adopt a child to you until they are four years old. Last year Mexico adopted only 64 children to Americans.

    They want the kids in their country to stay. That is why the house/homes seems to be the best way to help and stil obey mexican law.

    ReplyDelete