Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Rainy days and Mondays always get me down…

I am never EVER ready for Mondays. I began my first Math lesson this morning at 8:00, beginning with a devotional. My first lesson was on probability. Ever since teaching one lesson at Ben Lippen, I have not had much confidence teaching Math and have been dreading it. Probability seemed like such a difficult concept to grasp, but I was determined to try to make it as fun as I possible could. We flipped coins, rolled dice, and flicked spinners. It was one of the most fun lessons I have ever done! I also got to start teaching Samson, which I love! After teaching, I went back to the house, welcomed by the familiar faces of my family that lives near the center! I was so glad to see some people that I knew. It was so enjoyable to spend the afternoon with them. Then, as uneventful as it seems, I lesson planned for the rest of the day. Welcome to the life of a teacher…
January 25, 2010

2 comments:

  1. Keep your fascinating blog coming. You have a gift not only to observe but the spin that you put on it when you write is like reading a suspense novel that you can't put down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha. i'm so glad my daily (not always so interesting) adventures make you interested! it can be quite a chore sometimes! =) thanks for all your helpful comments! Thought i should let you know. Right now, it's just thought and prayer, but I am praying about possibly moving here after the summer. I would try to find a job teaching English and live with a family here that has already offered. I just told my family yesterday and they have said, "sheila, whatever you do, we are 100% behind your decision." so that has been amazing! But if you get the chance, please pray for guidance and peace! i need it!

    ReplyDelete