Monday, January 18, 2010

Another day (or two!) in the life of this Student teacher

Well, here I am again, sitting in front of my computer, but of course, currently I have no internet. =) The past two days have been quite hectic and exhausting. I have not taught any classes, but am slowly taking over the “little” duties of a teacher. This includes things such as running errands, putting up a bulletin board, prying staples out of the concrete wall, taking the students to their ice cream party, scooping the ice cream, grading many, MANY tests and papers, recording grades, staying for “salida” duty (afterschool until the students leave)… Yes, I never knew there were so many duties as a teacher. In spite of it all though, I love it. I especially love my teacher and my students. My teacher is everything I want to be. She demands respect, gives love, and adds laughter. In her own words, “With a strong hand, but a loving heart.” I appreciate so much how she leads her students spiritually. I am constantly amazed at how creative she is. While I love her style and want to be so much like her, I know that my personality is different in many ways and I will be bringing a different aspect and perspective to the classroom. I hope it will be positive. Anyway, the past two days have been pretty good. I have not spent as much time with my family here, so I have missed spending so much time with them. I’m just soaking it all in while I can. Well, I am afraid that will have to be all my friends since it is PAST time for sleeping. Hasta manana!

January 14, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment