Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Ticket to Ride

Only 10 more hours and we will be headed to Mexico! Currently, we are enjoying our 18 hour layover in Dallas, Texas. We have already begun our adventure by exploring Dallas and touring the largest stadium in the country, containing the largest TV in the world. What a trip!

While in the plane, a man sat beside us who seemed to understand little of what was going on around him. After a period of time, I heard him say something about Mexico. Before I knew it, I was asking him where he was from in Mexico. Lo and behold, he was from Guadalajara! For about 2 1/2 hours, Lauren, Enrique, and I spoke spanish...or rather, Lauren and I TRIED to speak Spanish. This trip has been amazing seeing how God has orchestrated everything. He has provided everything we have needed (including lauren's phone charger).

Please pray for our flight tomorrow as we take of at 7 AM to Mexico City, then from Mexico City to Guadalajara. Pray that we will not get caught up too much in customs. Hope you are all having a blessed New year! Thanks so much!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sheila,
    I am enjoying your blog. I am sooooo pleased you are doing so well. I am tremendously proud of you.
    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete