Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Ready to make a decision? I think not.

Well, today is Tuesday. Another weekend has come and gone too quickly. I only cant believe that I will be here for only 2 more weeks. QUE TRISTE! How sad! Over the weekend, the missionary family in Chapala took me to a place called Tonala. Can I just say, I LOVE shopping! There is nothing better. Rows and rows of market and shops. After church, we ate KFC, went shopping in Tonala, and then had a lovely visit to starbucks. Monday, we had a meeting for those who want to be involved in the children’s program on Saturdays, playing awana games with the children and teaching them Bible. Everyone was supposed to make a decision if they would be helping every week or not. Pastor Pelayo, Cesar and Vick were all saying that I would be there every week and that I would be back soon. They couldn’t believe that I was leaving. On little papers, we had to write if we would be part of the weekly help (of club ancla) or just help when we could. On my paper, I wrote, if I am in Guadalajara, I will help. This obviously was not what they wanted to hear and kept trying to change what I wrote on my paper. I think it is awesome that two churches, from Chapala and Guadalajara, that are so different can work together for a purpose. In one church, the women only wear skirts and dresses, they listen only to conservative music…Those in Chapala are exactly the opposite, yet both can work together to do something like helping the children of other villages. I find this incredible. I am so thankful that I have had the opportunity to get to know all these people. I feel comfortable with all of them and love them all. I also had a great day with Keren, tickling her all the day long and soaking up her attention, especially since I haven’t spent much time with her.
On to today, I am back at my old house again for another few days, so up bright and early I was, ready to catch the bus. My only surprise, someone from Lincoln staff was on the same bus I was! How funny! I didn’t even know that anyone else took the bus to school, much less, the same bus as me! Today, we finally had our Egyptian museum for my class. They were so excited, that during Spanish class, they kept asking the Spanish teacher if they could start with the museum. Then they kept asking me when we were having the museum. My students had a ball dressing up as people from Egypt. There was a large pyramid covering my desk this morning when I walked it. It was part of our wonderful Egyptian display. They students had fun and did a great job. It was neat to see them share with others exactly what they had learned and there were so excited! We had all kinds of people come through our museum, including the coordinator for elementary and about 5 other classes. The principal even wanted to come through, but he was just a few minutes too late. The other 5th grade class did not come prepared, so they will be presenting on Thursday. Hoping that they come prepared! It’s been quite a great day and ready for tomorrow. We will have our sports Olympics day tomorrow!
Also, sidenote-my principal stopped me today and told me that he wants for his teachers to be involved with their churches, his exact words were, “I just don’t want you starting a church your first year!” He encouraged me in still pursuing ministry, but knowing my boundaries. He told me that he trusted me to find that balance once I started teaching, and that is what I had really wanted to hear from him. So, I am 99% sure I will probably end up at Lincoln, but still unsure (mainly because I’m scared of making adult, 2 year, difficult, stressful decisions!). Pray that I will just have the Lord’s peace when making a decision. I have only another week and a half to decide, and I really need the Lord to show me exactly where He wants me.

No comments:

Post a Comment