Monday, March 1, 2010

Starting Fresh

It’s a new day, a new week. Victor has gone to Quawila to get his mom and I get the joy and privilege of staying with his brother, Pastor Pelayo and his family once again! I have missed them terribly and it has been great to be with them once again. When I saw Keren (my little Spanish tutor/buddy), they were running out the door and she basically asked me when I was here. She had to leave before I could answer, but I was sad I didn’t get to talk to her at all. She is not really huggy toward me or anything, but I could tell that she had missed me when a boy who was staying here asked why I was here. Sonya said, that I was a visitor and friend. Keren corrected her and said something to the effect, “She’s MY friend!” (very defensively of course). Of course, I loved it. It’s good to spend time with them again.
At school today, I was still very sick, stomach-wise. It was alright though since I had a really easy day at school. It was really nice (and convenient!). After school, I need to buy Hershey bars for math lesson, so Lauren and I went on the bus and went to the plaza. While we were there, we got a little…distracted. It just so happened that we passed and entered a nail salon, which also happened to be next to a fabric store. Likely story, I know, but some things just cant be helped. We had to stop and stop, we did. Best part of the day-my teacher said that she could tell that my confidence has upped and that she could tell I’m working on it! I want to be the best that God has made me to be.
3/1/10

No comments:

Post a Comment