Sunday, February 21, 2010

An alternative to ordinary, everyday sandwiches…

Is it really Wednesday? Wow. The weeks seem so slow, and the weekends so fast. Today is my third full day of teaching. Can you believe it? I have been here for exactly 42 days! Woopey! How crazy is that. Well, anyway…I continue to learn from my mistakes. I am learning how to make routine procedures more interesting, more like a game. That’s what it takes to keep 5th graders interested in ANYTHING! As I got ready to start Bible, I looked around and noticed all my students yawning. This is quite normal after lunch and read aloud, but it was especially bad today. So, out I sent them to do laps. I watched as the competitive ones raced around the patio to see who would land first place while the social butterflies fluttered their way around the basketball court. This was when I knew, I HAVE to do something! We took a few extra minutes and race around the patio we did! They did liven up a little more. For that I was thankful. After school and our lovely faculty meeting, I came back home and ate a wonderful alternative to sandwiches. We Americans like to put our meat, cheese and toppings on two nice crisp pieces of bread. Here, they like to put their meat, cheese, and toppings on nice crispy tostadas. You should most definitely try a tostada topped with a slice of meat, sour cream, fresh cabbage, crumpled cheese, and hot sauce. Mmmmmm, what a delight! Anyway, that was my short break before my long evening of grading and preparing for the morrow. Now, I continue on…goodnight dear readers.
2/17/10

No comments:

Post a Comment