Thursday, February 11, 2010

Forever goals.

My first week of ALMOST full teaching is almost over. I have been teaching everything my teacher usually teaches except for History, which I start next week. I have loved every minute, but realized how much work it really is! Though, I must say, I have also learned how amazing it is to be ahead and prepared ahead of time. It's a beautiful thing in life, that is for sure. Yesterday, I had my first real teacher epiphany. I was completely unprepared for Bible…kind of. I was teaching on Samuel and the Israelites when the lost the battle and took the ark of the covenant with them. I had taught this lesson last semester and loved it, but I didn’t get to really prepare at all before I taught it again (shhhh…don’t tell!). Now, this is not a good example for you to follow, you student teachers to be…I was totally unprepared, but obviously the Lord can use those like me. I only got through 2 of the 3 chapters I was supposed to do. I was teaching about how when Dagon, the god, was before the Arc of the Covenant of God, he felt flat on his face and broke apart (ok, so maybe I was a LITTLE more dramatic, but anyway…) and how all the people were getting tumors and dying. Can you imagine all the people in Guadalajara dead or having tumors? They were eating out of the palm of my hand. After talking about this, we ran out of time and I said, “Is it ok if we finish our story next time?” and of course they said, “NOOOOOOOOOO we want to finish it now!” oh, the joy of teaching. I had to try my hardest to keep from smiling! I have realized that I want every lesson I teach to end just like that, “please can we keep going! Don’t stop!” This morning my students were sad to stop our activity because their Spanish teacher was there. I am learning to even have a love for Math…next subjects to conquer: Reading (and THAT’s a hard one!), grammar and spelling, and History. I’m excited, but looking forward to growing as a teacher…what excitement lays ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment