Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The end of a long journey

Up and early again. We were getting on an airplane again with mixed feelings. Thankful to see our families again, but never wanting to leave, we put our suitcases in the van and started off. Dressed in our Mexico apparel, (I love DF shirts, wraparound pants and my large sombrero) we boarded the plane and found ourselves back in the US. Amidst the chaos of the airport, I found comfort, not from friends, family, but the customs guy. After being in a foreign country for several months, there are not words more comforting than the words, “Welcome home.” Though I love Mexico and traveling, this is still my home and it’s still a comfort to hear those words. We made it pretty easily through customs and to our next flight. Though I must say that my sombrero attracted quite a bit of attention, especially from the Hispanic people. Right after I went through customs (they were still checking lauren’s stuff), a lady came through the door, saw my sombrero, and asked, “Salida?” For you English speakers, she was asking where the exit was. I pointed her in the direction and laughed to myself. To all of my readers, thank you for going on this journey with me. I have enjoyed recording my travels for all of you to read and the feedback that I have gotten from it. For those of you who do not know, I will be returning to Guadalajara in August to teach as a full-time teacher at Lincoln school. I hope to continue sharing what God is doing in my life through my blogging as I continue teaching to reach others. To my friends there in Mexico, I will never forget you. Though I am in the states now, I daily remember my friends there, Mexico, and what the Lord did in my life there. You are always in my memory and constantly on my mind. Thanks again to all of you who journeyed with me to Mexico. I pray that God has used this blog to open your heart to Mexico and widen your horizons, as He has certainly done for me.

Until August,
Sheila Iman

No comments:

Post a Comment