Saturday, April 3, 2010

Surprise!

Monday morning as I continued packing my things, it was impossible not to feel a little bit of sadness. Tita, my dear friend was leaving for camp and I would be leaving the house and going to a hostal. We had made memories last night by getting Bionicos for the last time together and took pictures. She packed her things and I packed mine. We said our sad goodbyes and we both left. She left for camp, Vicktor and I both left to pick up Lauren and her teacher, Tammi. Off to Chapala we went. After picking up Lauren at her house, we stopped for a little treat. For a week, Vicktor had been telling me, “Before you leave, you HAVE to have tortas ahogadas!” Vicktor ordered for me and Lauren and we had our tortas. It’s like a bread and meat soaked in a sauce. It was good, just like all the food in Mexico! It was so filling though, neither of us could finish. As we were getting ready to leave, Lauren grabbed her pepsi bottle and asked, “can I take this?” I had no idea, so I said, “I’m sure you can.” Well, as we drove in the car, we handed Vick his pain meds for his headache and Lauren offered her pepsi bottle. If only you could see the look on Vick’s face. Lauren had obviously stolen the pepsi bottle. Who knew you were supposed to leave the bottles!? Lauren asked, “should we go back and return it?” Vicktor’s only response was, “You’d better pray and ask forgiveness for that stolen pepsi bottle!” After the adventure of the stolen pepsi bottle, we continued on to pick up Tammi and headed for Chapala. Vicktor let us off by the water, and Lauren, Tammi and I proceeded to shop till we were ready to drop. We sat for a while and enjoyed the beauty of the lake. It was such a gorgeous day. At the end, it was beautiful to see the sun going down over the mountains and the lake.

We headed back for Guadalajara and Vick took us to our hostal near the centro. As we pulled up to where the hostal was, we all looked around and thought the same thing, Tammi was the only one who voiced it as she said, “are you serious?” and we all thought one word, “SKETCH!” We lugged all of our belongings to the hostal, signed in, found out it was far more than we expected, and dragged all of our things past the creepy man in the dining area to our room upstairs. Little did we know what surprise would wait for us. Vicktor, Tammi, Lauren, and I could hardly fit in the room together with all of our luggage. We all looked at each other and laughed a nervous laugh. We opened all the windows to our hot little room and continued to bring all of our things in and get settled. As Vicktor and Tammi started out, we stood at the door and watched, sadly longing for them not to leave us. We eventually left the doorway and headed back up. I will say that it was quite a relief to do our laundry, to have a nice, clean room, and some privacy. Let’s just say that Lauren and I drowned our sorrows in laughter…
March 29, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment