Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Hopeful

Friday, we were thankful for the opportunity to sleep in a bit before we headed over to church for the black Friday service. As we drove up to the church, memories flooded my mind. About 7 years ago, I had gone to this church and then again 5 years ago. Things looked a little different, but there was no mistaking it. Good memories and friendships came back to me as I remembered the different times I had been here. We went into the auditorium and the first thing Lauren said to me was, “WOW, I haven’t heard this much English since we were in the States! There are so many Americans!” She was right. This was an English church. Although I have enjoyed the Spanish churches and translations, there was something about coming here and worshipping in my language. I had never been to a black Friday service, but it was incredible. I was reminded of the time when Christ had died. It seemed like all hope was gone for the world. The one man who was able to save the human race was now dead. But at the end of the service, the pastor said one thing, “But there is still hope, Sunday is coming!” What hope we have. Christ came, died, and rose again. There remains hope that He will come again. This hope is not a fading hope or a hope that He “might” come again. It is a sure hope. He WILL come again.
April 2, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment