Thursday, August 12, 2010

A new day

The feel of the breeze, aroma of fresh tacos, friendship of friends are all things I have missed here in Guadalajara. I just never knew it until today. Well, this is my first blog entry/email since arriving in Guadalajara, hope you all enjoy. Flying from Norfolk to GDL, Mexico was quite the bittersweet experience. An ending of one scene in life, the beginning of a new one, with the only One to give me true comfort, my Director, my God. Yesterday, I flew into Guadalajara with absolutely no problems, meeting up with one of the other teachers in Atlanta. Since I have been here, I have unpacked, met with the other new teachers and some of the staff, received my keys for my classroom, had my first teachers meeting, gone to the market, ridden the bus, and of course, eaten some great Mexican food. And yes, for all of you wondering what the weather was like here, I have not forgotten about you OR your humidly, hot weather there in the US. It is currently 72 Degrees and tomorrow, the highest is 76. It has been lovely here!

Exciting moments of the day: getting to see old friends, meeting and getting to know new ones, visiting familiar places, riding the bus, and finding out the my Bible curriculum is centered around God’s promises. AWESOME day. Also, we saw probably at least 1000 birds fly out of one tree at once. it was incredible!


Responding emails FROM YOU GUYS are always encouraged! =)

Dios te bendiga!

Sheila

6 comments:

  1. Sheila! WONDERFUL to hear from you and YES keep me on your list. I will pray for you and your life in Mexico – May “the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; may the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace.” That’s my prayer for you this day . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for you today, Sheila.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheila, I hope September has been good to you - I've missed your entertaining blogs though. Write us when you can.

    Candice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need a Sheila fix! How are you doing? And the kids? Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have a little bird following you now. :-)
    Please post again soon.

    ReplyDelete